Last updated on October 7th, 2019 at 05:47 am
E-ZPass New York Customer Service Phone Numbers
E-ZPass New York General questions Number:
Customer Service: 1-800-333-8655
E-ZPass New York Dispute Number:
Pay Bill By Phone:
E-ZPass New York toll free: 1-800-333-8655
E-ZPass New York Headquarter Info, Email, Phone number, Website and live chat Information
E‑ZPass is an electronic toll collection system used on most tolled roads, bridges, and tunnels in the Midwestern and Northeastern United States, as far south as North Carolina and as far west as Illinois.
The E-ZPass Interagency Group (IAG) consists of 38 member agencies in operation within 16 states, which use the same technology and allow travelers to use the same transponder on toll roads throughout the network. Since its creation in 1987, various independent systems that use the same technology have been folded into the E-ZPass system, including the I-Pass in Illinois and the NC Quick Pass in North Carolina.
If you searching for E-ZPass New York Customer Service Number, you are at the right place. In this post, we have provided a list of E-ZPass New York Customer Service Phone Numbers. You can call E-ZPass New York Customer Support the E-ZPass New York 800 Phone Number given here and solve your queries.
E-ZPass New York Corporate Office Address : 911 Old Liverpool Rd #2 Liverpool, NY 13088-2523
Headquarters Email :
E-ZPass New York complaint email:
Corporate Office phone number : (315) 461-0000
E-ZPass New York Helpline:
Corporate Fax Number:
headquarters website: Click here
Discussion forum: Click here
E-ZPass New York International Customer Service numbers
Canada and the U.S:
How to Contact E-ZPass New York TOLL FREE 1-800 NUMBER
List of numbers for E-ZPass New York Customer care and support
E-ZPass New York customer care number :
Support number : 1-800-333-8655
E-ZPass New York Cancellations:
Executive Customer Relations :
- Thank you for calling E-ZPass new york
- for account data or to open AN account on-line please visit us at www.ezpassny.com
- please listen fastidiously as our menu choice have recently changed
- press one for English [foreign language]
- for your E-ZPass account balance data press one,
- to make a 1 time payment on your E-ZPass account press two
- To enter the account number press one,
- enter the tag number starting with zero, press 2
- to repeat these choices press*
- to come to the most menu press zero.
- for account data together with auto replenishment, tags, accessories and commuter set up press three,
- data concerning violation notice you received or, if you received a set notice press four.
- For data concerning the E-ZPass new york program together with E-ZPass plus and wherever your E-ZPass tag is accepted press five,
- for locations, directions, mailing addresses and hours of operations for the E-Z Pass new york operating centers press 6.
- If you’ve got received a toll bill press seven
- for information concerning MTA reload card paper trip and customer surveys press eight
- if you’d prefer to speak with a client service representative please press nine or stay on the line
to repeat these choices press *.
E-ZPass New York Executive Team
Joanne M. Mahoney: Chair, Thruway Board of Directors
Richard N. Simberg: Thruway Board of Directors
J. Donald Rice Jr.: Thruway Board of Directors
José Holguín-Veras, Ph.D., P.E.: Thruway Board of Directors
Robert L. Megna: Thruway Board of Directors
Stephen M. Saland: Thruway Board of Directors
George L. Miranda: Thruway Board of Directors
Matthew J. Driscoll: Acting Executive Director
E-ZPass New York Application download
Android app download for E-ZPass New York
E-ZPass New York IOS app download
E-ZPass New York Services
E-ZPass New York history
The notion of electronic tolling had been considered as early as the 1980s, particularly in the New York metropolitan area. The tolling agencies of New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania which constitute two-thirds of the United States’ $3 billion-a-year toll industry sought to create a compatible electronic-tolling technology that could be used on the toll roads and bridges of the three states, in an effort to reduce congestion on some of the busiest roadways and toll plazas in the United States.
In 1991, the E‑ZPass IAG was created to develop an interoperable system, and involved the participation and cooperation of seven independent toll agencies the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the New Jersey Turnpike Authority, the New Jersey Highway Authority, the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority, the New York State Thruway Authority, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission, and the South Jersey Transportation Authority.
The E‑ZPass trademark, however, belongs to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The Port Authority has been aggressive at protecting its trademark, including forcing the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority to rename the “EZ Pass” regional transit pass to “EZ transit pass” to protect its rights.
Got some questions? Or some suggestions about E-ZPass New York Customer Service? That’s why we’ve got a comments section on this blog! You can feel free to leave a comment or two down below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
We love reading your messages……
E-ZPass New York Customer Service
Average rating: 0 reviews